Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg released a lengthy statement on Monday night addressing investigations into two recent crashes involving the company’s aircraft and pledged a “relentless commitment to safety” to passengers and employees.
“We know lives depend on the work we do, and our teams embrace that responsibility with a deep sense of commitment every day,” Muilenburg said in the statement.
“Safety is at the core of who we are at Boeing, and ensuring safe and reliable travel on our airplanes is an enduring value and our absolute commitment to everyone,” he said.
“Boeing has been in the business of aviation safety for more than 100 years, and we’ll continue providing the best products, training and support to our global airline customers and pilots,” he added. “This is an ongoing and relentless commitment to make safe airplanes even safer.”
The statement came just hours after The Wall Street Journal reported that a grand jury issued a subpoena for documents last week to at least one person involved in the development of the 737 Max.