I am an Orthodox Jew who is a loyal and fierce Trump supporter. The President has been better to Jews than any other president in history.
From Rubashkin to Israel and everything between, Trump is simply a staunch supporter of the Jewish people in general.
I would suggest over 95% of Orthodox Jews support Trump – the other 5% are like the people who use MeWe over Facebook 🙂
However, the President’s budget agenda would really hit the Lakewood community hard. I mean as Trump would say “Harder than they have ever been hit before.”
As is, the President capped property tax deductions at $10K meaning for those who utilize when filing taxes – you can only deduct up tp 10K of your property taxes. Many homeowners in the GreaterLakewood area are paying far over 10K.
But this new budget agenda targets HEAP which is subsidized heating – which many BMG families in particular, as well as others, utilize.
It targets Foodstamps, welfare, and limits Medicaid – which a really large percentage of Lakewood is on. Stats show about 30% of Lakewood is on food stamps. Newark is significantly higher.
I know some other Trump fans will say this is the best! Trump wants to get everyone off all programs…In fact, Ocean county saw a 12.4% decrease in Foodstamps – or NJ SNAP in 2018 -But let’s be honest and real for a minute.
Granted the budget will likely fall on its face – but these proposals are terrible for our community.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of GreaterLakewood.