The White House has assembled a panel of the country’s top CEOs to help guide the administration’s job training efforts to “meet the challenges of the 21st century.”
The American Workforce Policy Advisory Board, along with a similar initiative established last year, will develop methods to train 3.8 million workers for in-demand job skills.
Ivanka Trump and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross will lead the panel. The board consists of 25 members and their terms will run until July 2020.
The group includes some notable names from the business world:
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple (AAPL)
- Marillyn Hewson, CEO of Lockheed Martin (LMT)
- Al Kelly, CEO of Visa (V)
- Doug McMillon, CEO of Walmart (WMT)
- Craig Menear, CEO of Home Depot (HD)
- Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM (IBM)